Headache & Migraine Relief
Some people experience headaches or migraines once every blue moon, while others experience them much more often. Finding relief can be difficult, especially if you suffer from them frequently. Chiropractic care is one of the most beneficial means of headache and migraine treatment. At Enhanced Living Chiropractic, we treat headaches and migraines depending on their severity. We have locations in Simpsonville, Inman, Greer, Travelers, SC.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Chiropractic care is beneficial for treating tension headaches and cervicogenic headaches. Chiropractic care for headache treatment includes:
- Spinal manipulation: A chiropractor will use their hands or a device to apply targeted pressure to your spine. The upper part of the spine is the area in which a chiropractor will focus their attention when it comes to treating your headache.
- Joint mobilization: This therapy involves the consistent movement of your joints to help relieve your pain. It targets the cervical spine for the treatment of headaches.
- Deep neck flexion exercises: These exercises consist of moving your joints and muscles while lying flat on the floor with the guidance of a chiropractor. The goal is to stretch the deep neck flexor muscles that are responsible for supporting the neck.
For tension headaches, treatment includes soft tissue therapy and stress management. Low-load craniocervical mobilization is another treatment used.
Chiropractic Care for Migraines
While there are medications that are effective in treating migraines, they come with unwanted side effects. This is why many people who suffer from periodic migraines turn to chiropractic care. Treatment options include:
- Neuromuscular massage: This is a type of massage that focuses on trigger points in the neck, head, back, and shoulder to improve blood flow, alleviate stress, and relax the body. Trigger point therapy can greatly reduce symptoms by releasing pressure on compressed nerves.
- Multidisciplinary care intervention: Physical therapy exercises, relaxation techniques, dietary counseling, and stress management are all combined in this treatment. These are all highly effective in reducing the frequency and intensity of migraines.
Contact Our Chiropractor for Headache and Migraine Treatment
When you first visit Enhanced Living Chiropractic, our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to identify potential causes of your headaches and migraines before creating a chiropractic care plan to address it. Chiropractic care is natural, non-invasive, and does not involve the use of prescription medication. For more information on headache and migraine treatment in Simpsonville, Inman, Greer, or Travelers, SC, or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call us today or request an appointment online.