Are you experiencing pain in the lower back, hips, and both of your legs? You may have a condition known as Sciatica, which occurs when the sciatic nerve is inflamed or irritated. At Enhanced Living Chiropractic, which serves Greer, Inman, and Travelers Rest, SC, we provide a variety of services to reduce your discomfort and help you return to your normal routine. Before you schedule an appointment, read about five common symptoms of sciatica below:
What Are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
Sciatica can cause a variety of symptoms that can impact your daily activities. Some of these symptoms include:
- Lower Back Pain — When the sciatic nerve becomes compressed, this can cause lower back pain. Along with that, if the nerve is inflamed, you may experience a severe pain or long periods of aching lower back pain.
- Hip Pain — Since the sciatic nerve travels through the hip and buttocks, you could experience pain in both regions. The pain is typically an aching or dull sensation while sitting or standing.
- Leg Weakness — One of the most common symptoms is numbness or weakness in your leg, as the nerve is compressed and cannot support the muscles in your lower body.
- Leg Tingling — If the sciatic nerve is inflamed, you may feel a tingling or burning sensation in your leg or buttocks. You can also experience pain in both legs and buttocks at the same time, however, sciatica usually affects only one side at a time
- Leg or Buttock Pain — Sitting can add pressure to the sciatic nerve. Since the sciatic nerve is already compressed, the added pressure from sitting causes additional pain.
Contact Us for an Appointment Today!
If you have pain due to sciatica, let our team at Enhanced Living Chiropractic, in Greer, Inman, and Travelers Rest, SC, help. We will perform an evaluate to determine the root cause of your discomfort and create treatment plan to help relieve the pain. To schedule an appointment, contact us today!