Five Common Symptoms of Sciatica
Sciatica is a common back condition that is painful and debilitating. At Enhanced Living Chiropractic, our experts can alleviate pain and other symptoms of sciatica. We serve residents of Travelers Rest, Simpsonville, Inman, and Greer, SC. Here are some common symptoms of sciatica to look out for.
What Are the Most Common Signs of Sciatica?
Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve, which runs through the back, hips, and legs, gets pinched, causing pain. Here are some of the symptoms.
- Leg weakness: Sciatica can weaken your legs and make it more difficult to walk or run.
- Sciatic nerve pain: Sciatica pain can travel to your legs, groin, and buttocks, restricting your range of motion. You'll also have different sensations, like burning or sharp and shooting pain. The pain inhibits your ability to do normal activities.
- Numbness: Sciatica patients often experience the feeling like their legs have fallen asleep. It's uncomfortable, and your body may feel out of sync.
- Lower back pain: Most of the pain will concentrate in the lower back, since that is where the nerve is located. Patients also have symptoms of soreness or stiffness.
- Fluctuating pain: Sciatica is a frustrating condition, because pain can travel to different parts of your body. Also, it's common for pain to fluctuate depending on whether you are sitting or standing. It's best not to stay in one position for a long time if you suffer from sciatica pain. Instead, stand and stretch and focus on core exercises to strengthen your muscles.
Visit Our Chiropractor for Sciatica Relief
If you are experiencing sciatic nerve pain, we can help. At Enhanced Living Chiropractic, we provide natural methods to alleviate your pain. We serve residents of Travelers Rest, Simpsonville, Inman, and Greer, SC. Our goal is to help you live a pain-free life. Call us today to schedule an appointment.